Saturday, October 06, 2007

yesterday gave me a scare...

when youre as dependent on technology as i am...

a simple glitch can become a total nightmare...

and so yesterday it happened...

it started with my Creative Neeon 2... i did the normal process of clicking the "safely remove hardware" icon from the task bar... and so i did...

after having been notified that its ok for me to remove the device connection from the pc...

and so did...

strangely enough, the player was turned off...

i tried turning it on, but it wouldnt... i was in panic already, though i calmly told myself that my Neeon was still under warranty...

but i was "scared"; though i had to let it be, what could i have done... i was off to the gym... i just couldnt drop gym for my Neeon... i have saturday for that...

so off i went...

gyming... i was using my moto s9...

i was half into my routine when i pressed the play/pause button of my s9...

expecting it to stop...

it just went on to skip to the next track...

this got me worried initially so i started tweaking the connectioon but that didnt pan out...

i retired my s9 and z6...

after finishing my routine i went at it again...

but still the problem prevailed...

now im worried...

the thought of my s9 being week-old and now having some "issues" got me scared...

and to add more damaging blows... the volume-up button didnt work too...

thoughts of panic ran through my head... and i was really bummed going home with two broken gadgets...

but i knew that there has to be some explanation online...

and so when i got home, ate dinner and took a bath...

i was set to find out the answers online (geesh that sounded soooo geeky...)

and so i did...

--- fast forward ---

first... my Neeon... i tried updating the firmware, but it was useless because the device wasnt recognized when i inserted it into my usb port... i toyed around with the manual, making sure i read every FAQ available... since that was a bust... i turned to my player...

stared at it for a couple of minutes...

trying to figure out what to do...

and i thought of... "hmmm reset? will that do the trick?"

so i borrowed a safety pin from my mom and surprisingly enough... my Neeon turned on...

whew...

so thats one down and one more to go...

as for my Moto s9... well nothing i could do about it... it was already late late in the night and the net was just filtered with the same issue as i had...

so i just settled to write motorola philippine service center a letter...

i left it out and hoped for the better...

--- fast forward to today ---

i decided to call motorola at digital exchange... told them my situation with my s9 and theyll gladly replace it...

after the phone call... i tried my s9 again...

and to my surprise... all buttons are now working...

freak!!!

that really gave me a scare...

* hay *

im so glad that both are now fixed...

really gives me comfort now...

* thinks *

entry was tooo geeky... hahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, well.. sakit na ng neeon yan, chong.. em has one, and he has to reset it always.. same with my best friend nez, naka-3 or 4 times nga namin pnapalitan ung neeon nya sa store :p

but most of the time, the reset button fixes everything ;)

daemon said...

hey eyapopskie! hehehe

oo nga... that was a real scare...

i mean sa price pa nya ng nabili ko... talagang i was worried...

hahaha

hay buti ayos na...

Text

Blogger Tricks

visitor stats

Popular Posts