Monday, February 06, 2012

Untitled

"I would never sacrifice my social life for running..." said one my friends during an ending to a good night out in malate.

It was one of those weekends where there was a scheduled run around the metro... the Condura Skyway Marathon 2012 - one of the biggest run for the year which i skipped because for one, it was held in Alabang and second, the 21km starting time was at 3am. And though the route was tempting, i could never get pass the fact that going to Alabang at 1/2am was too much of an effort for just a city run. Dont get me wrong, I love running, but I dont really live and breathe it - well I used too. I felt like a small fish in a big pond rather than being the opposite.

Anyway, when I heard my friend say that I really wanted to get in a discussion with him. I kinda felt "attacked" by it - in a good way though, because it made me think for a bit, has this love for "running" affected my social life?

Hmm. Let me see...

If being fit and healthy, getting to workout six days a week w/ four days resistance and two days cardio training, getting to spend some weekends joining organized races with my team mates and all the while making new friends in the process, is a sign of having my social life affected by running then I think im doing perfectly good.

I guess the word for this one is balance. And I think I can say that Im living out the dream of majority of the people my age (well some)... and that is living a balanced life.

I work hard at the office, I train hard for my runs, I regularly/addictively work out, I hang out with my friends, I drink hard and party harder - all in all I can say im living quite a balanced life.

Im loving every single minute of it.

And yeah, Unilab/Run United Leg 1 is just around the corner, have to mark the calendar for my first 2012 run... so cant wait to don on my TITANS uniform once again.

No comments:

Text

Blogger Tricks

visitor stats

Popular Posts