Sunday, May 25, 2008

happenings - part 1

so...

ive been talking alot about this shit that im...

that im having a weird streak of luck...

im one to 'question' it...

i find it weird actually...

but maybe here it is...

its finally on my lap...

things that i have been 'wanting' for...

its all slowly falling into place...

---

it was a month ago when a trainor friend from gym told me about this casting call...

one of his clients is associated with monaco, a modeling agency in makati...

they were holding a casting call for guys and girls who were on the heavy side before and now have slimmed down for
Fit and Right...

trainor friend told me to give him a couple of my before and after pics so that he could extend it to his client...

fast track to saturday... i was called for a VTR...

went to the agency at around 2:00 pm... dressed in office-wear (think, semi-fitted black polo long-sleeves, semi-fitted brown trousers and black leather shoes)...

i was so nervous... fearing that when i get there, id be faced with amazing looking people...

so i got there, waited around in the lobby... i felt like i didnt belong there...

my name was called... and marlon greeted me...

he asked me to follow him to have my make-up done...
seriously, im gay... but having foundation on my face was really weird...

so... on to the VTR...

it went pretty well... although I wished I could have expounded more on the things that they were asking about...

I remember being asked, "Do you drink Fit and Right?"

I answered, "I... I honestly do..."

that was literally a "double-palm-in-the-face" moment...

It sounded fake... where I do in fact religiously drink Fit and Right like its more important than water...

on weekdays, I take it 3 to 4 times a day (breakfast,lunch,pre-gym,post-dinner)... and on weekends, I take it 3 times a day (breakfast,lunch,pre-gym or post-dinner)...
seriously...

after that weekend... I never did get feedback from the agency...

so I just assumed that I did not get it... =(

disappointed a bit... but I was greatly flattered that they considered me...

it isnt really everyday when common-folk like me get invited for such...

so two weeks ago, I get the news that Marlon was looking for me... telling me that they would be getting the result a week after...

* puts me into overdrive again... thinking... hoping *

then last tuesday... after a lunch out session with pam and dec in PBCOM...

i bumped into marlon and the other guy (who im assuming is the manager of the agency)...

they told me to keep may 27-28 open for a shoot and to give them a couple more before pictures...

at first the news didnt sink in...

as i walked away...

i couldnt believe my ears...

i was soooooo excited...

fast track to friday... was in a department meeting when i got a text message from Marlon...

"Sa wednesday na ang shoot mo ha"

ZOMG...

my jaw literally dropped...

hahaha...

if I wasnt in a meeting that time, I would have done a cart-wheel...

even though theres this sort of confirmation...

I am still crossing my fingers...

pessimistic side of me makes me want to believe that theres a catch...

but its a 50-50 thing... right?

continued on next post...

No comments:

Text

Blogger Tricks

visitor stats

Popular Posts